With the bandwidths of data rising exponentially, space and efficiency have become critical factors for Data Centers worldwide. All the components must be modular and scalable, making optimal use of space with efficient cooling and energy consumption.
Point-to-point cabling and direct connections are no longer viable options due to messes in cabling and significant increases costs for additional hardware. For modern high-density Data Center, the design of the structured cabling system must provide maximum uptime and scalability along with optimal return on investment while simultaneously reducing the technology footprint and costs for operations.
Advantages of Professional Design and Solutions:
Maximum Uptime: Installation of additional hardware requires minimum time. When the cables are neat and installed in an orderly manner there is no confusion. The human error factor can be largely reduced thus no disconnections of wrong cable during relocation, installations and modifications of hardware.
Reduced Footprint: In well designed system the cables of smaller diameters can be deployed in the trunks, which will result in reduction of overall cable bulk and minimize the chances for Air flow blockages and pending or damage of cables. By Default, a structured cabling system should be well organized and pre-planned.
Increased Scalability: Modern Data Centers have complex and diverse designs and environments. The structured cabling system manages the various needs and can support the growth in equipment and connections of the network. The structured system allows for scalability due to its modular design.
Return on Investment: The life time of a structured cabling system is much longer than any o the hardware solutions. Over time the system will:
- Cause reduction in system operational costs, including heating, cooling and power.
- Cause reduction in installation and maintenance time. The structure of the cabling system allows for efficient changes and upgrades.
- Cause increase in system availability by reducing the time required for moves, adds and changes.
- Cause stability in business continuity by minimizing sources of failure, possibility for errors and danger of cabling being inadvertently unplugged.
- Cause longevity of the infrastructure and ease of upgrades with built-in modularity and scalability.
This makes it far more cost-efficient than a point-to-point cabling system.